Position Overview and Expectations
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Foundation Coordinator assists with fundraising activities by supporting the administration and operations of George Jeffrey Children’s Foundation (GJCF). The Foundation Coordinator is a key representative of GJCF and is often the first point of contact for donors, supporters and community partners. The Foundation Coordinator must be a self-starter with versatility and a talent for collaboration. Excellent interpersonal skills, integrity, confidentiality and discretion are a must as is a passion for children’s care.
· Providing excellent donor relations and stewardship by being a strong relationship builder, processing all donation and sponsorship revenue, and issuing appropriate correspondence and receipts in a timely manner;
· Maintaining the donor data base with detail and accuracy;
· Extracting reports, queries and information from the data base to support fundraising activities;
· Supporting the GJCF’s Board of Directors and standing committees by acting as the recording secretary and by preparing and distributing Board meeting minutes and packages;
· Maintaining the Board of Directors’ orientation manual, policies, corporate records and archives;
· Addressing any public inquiries via drop-ins, phone calls or e-mails;
· Assisting with bookkeeping by preparing and making bank deposits, processing payments, preparing invoices, and providing documentation for the annual audit;
· Organizing, maintaining and archiving Foundation’s filing system;
· Assisting with marketing and communications, which may include but not limited to, coordinating community mail-outs, maintaining the Foundation’s website, assisting with social media, E-blasts, newsletters, media releases, videos, presentations and story writing;
· Collaborating with the Executive Director to develop and execute a comprehensive annual operating plan that aligns with the Centre’s strategic priorities;
· Building and maintaining strong relationships with donors, event sponsors and volunteers;
· Seeking out and aligning with community third-party events;
· Assisting with the development of comprehensive and meaningful donor recognition and stewardship program which includes maintaining the donor wall;
· Planning and executing the Foundation’s yearly signature event which includes recruitment and coordination of volunteers, assisting with the solicitation of sponsors and other event logistics;
· Occasional travel may be required;
· Providing occasional evening or weekend work in order to attend Board meetings, execute events and/or donor engagement activities;
· Performing other duties as required.
· Post-secondary education is required; a degree or diploma in communication, marketing, or other relevant area of study is preferred;
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
· Experience in the fundraising sector;
· Event and/or project management experience;
· Proficient with social media and other marketing applications;
· Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
· Proven experience in building relationships with stakeholders;
· Experience working with volunteers;
· Strong organizational skills;
· Familiarity with graphic design is an asset (ie. In-Design)
· Sense of humour, energetic and positive attitude;
· Police Vulnerable Sector Check will be required;
· Valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle is a must.
About George Jeffrey Children’s Foundation
George Jeffrey Children's Foundation is an independent charity that works with our community members and philanthropic partners to ensure that George Jeffrey Children’s Centre has the resources required to enrich children's lives. We connect donors with priority investments at the centre.
Every single donation to our charity helps George Jeffrey Children’s Centre provide treatment and services for children and youth in our community and throughout Northwestern Ontario living with physical and developmental special needs. Together we are helping children reach their greatest potential.
We request all cover letters and resumes be submitted to the attention of the Executive Director in one document by email or by mail to George Jeffrey Children’s Foundation, 200 Brock St E, Thunder Bay, ON P7E 0A2.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline to apply for this position is Wednesday, January 27th, 2021
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
All staff are required to screen daily and wear ppe. The Centre is following all recommendations issued from the Government of Ontario and the Thunder Bay District Health Unit.
This posting has closed. We are currently reviewing applications for this position. ...
Today is Giving Tuesday! It’s a global day of giving that happens each year after Black Frid ...
Smile Cookie campaign raises nearly $75K Proceeds to be split evenly between the George Jeffrey Chi ...
Connor Gives Impala Canada a Thumbs Up! On Friday, October 23rd, representatives from ...
Gentlemen of Harmony presents 'On A Personal Note' Spring Show 2020 Join us for a musical evening w ...
Spectators were impressed once again at the 2019 Thunder Bay Police Association Parade of Lights! De ...